Join the team building the world’s largest B2B marketplace.
If we connect buyers and sellers of essential chemistry at the onset of inspiration, we’ll accelerate product innovation globally.
Knowde is transforming the $5 trillion chemical industry. Chemistry (chemicals, polymers & ingredients) are those raw materials used to create every human-made product on earth. Can’t wait for that foldable phone? Thank DuPont. Need baby wipes for your infant? Thank Lonza. Love those solar shingles that power your home? Thank Dow Chemical. Chemical, polymer and ingredient companies are the hidden innovators behind the end- products everyone relies on every day.
Knowde is building a rich, digital marketplace where R&D, marketing and procurement teams can search, find, compare, sample, quote and purchase chemistry from every producer on Earth — all in one place.
Knowde is your chance to join a hyper-growth focused & well-funded startup backed by Sequoia Capital, Bee Partners, Refactor Capital, Cantos & Knollwood Investments.
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented Senior Full Stack Developer to join our Engineering team. As one of the founding engineers, you will help us invent, design, refine, and deliver the products that will enable this digital transformation. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
What you’ll do:
- As a small, remote team you’ll be empowered to work directly with leadership and the product team to make decisions about your code and the future of the product.
- Be a trailblazer by contributing to the build of a complex ecommerce marketplace, the first of its kind in the Chemicals space.
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality.
- Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- Take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to take initiatives from requirements to deployment
- 5+ years’ experience building highly scalable applications, contributing across the stack.
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to work and collaborate within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- High bar for quality and a phenomenal attention to detail.
- Strong experience with Ruby or similar technologies.
- Experience with DevOps, cloud infrastructure services (AWS/Google Cloud) and containerization (Docker).
- Experience managing release activities.
- A passion for CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- Angular 8 / TypeScript / ES6
- PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3
- Bootstrap 4