ABOUT THE COMPANYCFS is engaged with an industry leader located in the heart of Madison, WI; Looking to hire a Project Accountant with promotional opportunities available. The company boasts a team-oriented, family friendly and flexible culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. Experiencing a lot of growth from this 37+ Year old Company!WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS COMPANY:
- Flexible Work Schedules Offered! Summer Hours Offers
- Family-Friendly oriented Culture - Strong Work/Life Balance
- Ability to impact the organization company wide
- Advancement Opportunities - Large Team
- Great Company PERKS & Benefits - 16 Days PTO to Start!
- Fun, casual working environment - Great Management team in place!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROJECT ACCOUNTANT:
- Oversees the creation and accuracy of all client invoicing, making sure all hours and all other project related costs are billed to the projects.
- Working with project managers, project teams, executives, evaluate and track project financial performance including costs, billing, revenue recognition, contract value, etc.
- When project budget status requires, work with project management on the status of change orders, or if required, project write-offs for cost overruns.
- Manage monthly WIP report, making sure it is being utilized properly, and held hours are being captured and invoiced appropriately.
- Manage and evaluate intra- and inter-company transactions.
- Provide financial reports to executive management, project management, project controls, and engineering managers.
- Additional duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE PROJECT ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance; Experience in Lieu of Degree welcomed
- Experience in the Trades (Construction, Architecture, HVAC and others)
- 1-3 + Years experience in Accounting; preferably Project based accounting
Keywords: Project Accountant, Billing, Project Architect, Project Engineer, GAAP, Accountant, Project Billing, Construction, Engineering#CFS2021