BOUT THE COMPANY
Growing construction company located in Chicago area is looking for a Senior Accountant.
Why Join the Company:
- Growing company! Leaders in their industry.
- Good work life balance/ laid back culture
- Opportunity to wear multiple hats- work very closely with the business.
- Lots of strong tenure at the company- they really take care of their employees
Job Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Review subcontracts and purchase agreements and verify all documentation is received.
- Review, code and input subcontractor requisitions and supplier invoices into Accounts Payable system
- Assist with real estate tax payments
- Insure accuracy of financial/job cost information
- Bank reconciliations
- Sales and inventory reports
- Monthly cash flow forecasting
- Month end and year end closing reports
- Process weekly accounts payable check runs for projects.
- Maintain general ledger
- Work with outside cpa firm- audit and tax
- Prepare monthly job profit and loss statements (projections) and review for reasonableness.
Requirements for the Senior Project Accountant
- S. in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Strong Excel skills