ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading manufacturing company in the Irwindale area; the company is looking to hire a Senior Accountant. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its' employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER
• Prepare monthly journal entries, reconciliations and financial reports for the timely and accurate general ledger close.
• Prepare variance account analysis schedules and other month-end reports.
• Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the US Region.
• Support Controller in the development of the annual financial plan, and financial forecast process, for assigned business units and/or departments as needed.
• Analyze international account balances and foreign exchange transactions
• Assist in production yearly governmental reporting, such as business tax licenses.
• Prepare audit schedules and support.
• Assist Controller in conducting ad-hoc analysis, and preparing reports to support operational decision-making, and to monitor and improve profitability, as needed
• Assist Controller in reviewing AP batches for proper coding, period, approvals, and support and documentation.
• Assist Controller in the maintenance, clean up and accuracy of all US Region Purchases Orders.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE CONTROLLER ROLE:
• Have a minimum 4 or more years of progressively responsible accounting experience with a proven track record in accounting and financial analysis is required in Manufacturing setting
• Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Working knowledge of GAAP
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to analyze, understand and explain financial data.
• Ability to shift priorities where necessary and multi-task.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail, maintaining the accuracy and integrity of data.