Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
This position is responsible for completing financial accounting activities for the sub-region to support the production of accurate and timely financial results in compliance with IFRS and local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including compliance with Brambles policy and procedures and local Statutory and Tax requirements.
- Region: North America, Pooled Business Unit
- Entities: 5 - US Pooled, Chep Services, Chep International, Canada Pooled and CCPS
- Countries: 2
- Accounting & Control: For the sub regions entities, the role will be required to perform the end-to-end Record to Report/ Financial Accounting processes, including the monthly close process to BRACS approval.
- Performs a range of assigned month end close processes including preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of journals to support the month end process. Heavy emphasis on Intercompany Transactions and recording of bank transactions of North America Entities.
- Application of accounting standards and practices in accordance with accounting standards, policy and local country requirements.
- Ensure balance sheet items for assigned accounts are followed up and resolved in a timely basis
- Liaises with the R2R Service Delivery Manager to co-ordinate the 3rd Party Provider’s assigned scope of work, providing constructive feedback where necessary to improve collective E2E performance.
- Statutory Reporting: preparation data to support the preparation of Brambles and local in country statutory accounts for the countries within the region. This includes the preparation of accounting technical papers, audit schedules to support. Provides technical expertise to ensures accurate and timely compliance with filings, including working with external providers to meet the local compliance requirements.
- Company Income Tax: preparation of the income tax work papers for submission to the regional tax mangers or outsourced provider.
- Tax Effect Entries: preparation of tax accounting for the region
- Transactional Taxes: preparation of transactional tax returns for the region, including but not limited to VAT, Fringe Benefit, Withholding, Intrastat etc.
- Company Secretariat: supports co-ordinates the local in-country company secretary requirements as directed by the Regional Controller.
- Insurance: supports the annual Reassure data gathering for the countries in the region.
- Policy & Compliance supports the implementation of group policies and procedures as directed. Performs substantive testing of controls to assess effectiveness of the control environment.
- Transformation & Standardization: Supports the standardization (by implementation) of accounting processes to drive global standard.
Accountabilities specific to this role only:
- This role is the responsible to the accuracy and timeliness of the BRACS (Financial Reporting) submissions to Corporate Brambles.
- The effectiveness of the control environment as measured by internal audit reports
- The level of compliance for the region; e.g. timely and accurate submissions (stat. & tax)
- The level of standardization and process harmonization achieved
Authority/ Decision Making
- Finance approval limits as defined by the Brambles, BU and CBU LOA matrix
- Approval of BRACS submissions to Brambles
- Approval of journals and balance sheet accounts as defined in accordance with policy
- Working across multiple countries, time zones, currencies, languages, cultures, regulatory and tax environments
- Navigating the complexity of working in a matrix structure
- Able to work under remote environment until the Management Decides to go workplace at Alpharetta.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and sometimes able to work beyond normal working hours.
- Regional Business Partner & team
- GFS P2P and I2C teams
- CoE: Group reporting, internal audit, tax & treasury
- FP&A and C&SC teams
- Local business team(s)
- Tax Authorities
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting or in a relevant finance technical discipline
- Desirable: Certified Accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CPA, CA relevant to the market(s))
- 3+ years’ experience in public company or foreign listed company multinational environment reporting required; IFRS experience preferred
- Experience with local GAAP applicable to the sub-region
- Working knowledge of SAP or any ERP environments. Working knowledge of BlackLine, WorkDay and Concur.
- Previous experience working within or alongside a ‘back office’ shared service environment
- Previous experience in working with a global finance team associated with geographically diverse businesses
Skills and Knowledge
- Awareness of FP&A, Commercial and Supply Chain Finance processes
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of multi-currency finance environments
Bachelors - Accounting, Bachelors - Finance
Preferred Level of Work Experience
5 - 7 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.