Financial Additions has partnered with a growing real estate client in search of a Senior Property Accountant. Below is some more detail about the role. If interested, please take some time to review and apply. Someone from our team will get back to you in 24-48 hours.
Senior level accounting position. Responsible for overall management of general ledger accounting and reporting process. Provides support for accounting management and executive staff. Liaison with corporate, tax, external audit, and field management personnel on accounting issues.
- Financial statement analysis, review, and preparation.
- Month end close procedures to include general ledger review, budget variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, bank statement reconciliation review, preparation of appropriate journal entries, and coordination of owners' reporting process.
- Annual federal income tax package preparation for submission to tax department. Consult with tax return preparer as needed, to include compilation of documents, research, and reconciliation f required accounts.
- Prepare monthly construction project draws, review job cost & intercompany reconciliations. Liaison with construction management on budget and vendor issues.
- Cash management, to include coordination with staff accountants on weekly accounts payable requirements and review of available cash for distribution to owners and partners. Propose appropriate cash reserves. Submit recommendation to management regarding general partner cash requirements or cash available for distribution.
- Partnership accounting, to include reconciliation of administrative service fees, recoding of contributions/distributions, preparation of journal entries for sales of acquisitions.
- Analysis of real-estate taxes. Coordination of real estate payment process.
- Quarterly cash flow projections.
- Annual operating budget review.
- Provide top level review of annual CAM/Tax/Ins billings to tenants.
- Review commercial lease abstracts.
- Special Projects, as assigned.
- Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Proficiency with personal computers, to include knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software, prefer previous experience with commercial real estate accounting packages.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, as well as both cash and accrual methods of accounting.
- Effective organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective business writing skills.
BS/BA in Accounting or related topic. CPA a plus.