Vaco Financial is searching for a Property Accountant to join a company in Memphis, TN.
- Prepare and deliver Financial Statement packages for an assigned portfolio of multifamily properties following the quality standards as instructed. Verify correctness of information prior to submission.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules. Analyze the Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts for accuracy.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the General Ledger. Review periodic reports of general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and correct errors prior to close of accounting period.
- Review and analyze transactions from Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure they have been accurately coded and recorded. Work with AP and AR to investigate, resolve and/or report on discrepancies.
- Research, analyze, identify, and explain any variances or unexplained items on the Income Statement and changes on the Balance Sheet.
- Assist with additional financial reports to be included in the Financial Package as requested by client.
- Assist independent CPA firms in their audit and review of associations on a year-end, turnover, and/or periodic audit/review.
- Analyze and post end-of-year audit adjusting entries.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Property Management by answering questions regarding monthly Financial Statements and other related matters.
- Prepare various reports as requested.
- Assist in accounting or operations projects from time to time as requested.
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations for assigned portfolio of multifamily properties.
- Manage cash for assigned portfolio of multifamily properties.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in a related field.
- 1-4 years of work experience, or equivalent in a related field.
- 2 years of experience utilizing Real Page Accounting Software.