Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
The Enterprise Finance function contains the Corporate Controllers division, which includes the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O) group. The Enterprise COSO testing team is a component of EC&O. Enterprise COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure.
The Enterprise COSO Testing team within EC&O supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of application controls in scope for financial, risk, and regulatory reporting;
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for application controls in scope for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going application control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and application control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
This individual will be a member of the Enterprise COSO Testing team responsible for the following team directives:
- Performing COSO Monitoring responsibilities including:
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls;
- Performing COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions, including assessing appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Assessing the components of internal control for the business unit;
- Monitoring open control deficiencies and validating corrective actions.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned process areas.
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit demonstrated through work or military experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit demonstrated through work or military experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Big four public accounting experience
- A Master of Business Administration or designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Internal controls testing experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Benefits Summary
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.