Prestigious company with more than 60 years in Puerto Rico has retain our services for a Staff accountant to join their accounting department. The job responsibilities associated with the position are -
- Management of database, company and account set up.
- Reconciliation of subsidiary records with general ledger
- General Ledger management through regular review and adjusting journal entry posting.
- Manage the Financial Reporting process for designated entities as well as maintenance of applicable work papers.
- Facilitate the period end and fiscal year end closing process for designated entities.
- Assist in the process of creating annual operating budgets for designated entities as well as maintenance within the accounting system.
- Assist in coordinating quarterly review and year end audit with external accountants.
- Post year end audit adjustments to ensure reconciliation with external accountants ending account balances.
- Assist in the coordination of intercompany expense reimbursement and billing.
- Reconcile cash account balances in the accounting system daily per transactions posted online.
- Process the bank reconciliation in the accounting system monthly.
- Post and track intercompany wire and book transfers.
- Facilitate new account set up and manage account maintenance correspondence with banks.
- Process payroll for designated entities and facilitate payments of withholding tax deposits, expense reimbursements, elected benefits and required garnishments.
- Process quarterly and annual tax reporting.
- Assist in coordination of accounting system maintenance.
- Create and maintain ad hoc reporting as needed.