A challenging career opportunity exists for someone to join the Corporate Finance team. As a senior financial reporting analyst, you will support the corporate finance team as well as SBU operations. This role can provide an understanding of our business and help with future career growth. This opportunity will provide:
• Visibility to senior management as the corporate finance team has significant interaction with senior management throughout our global company.
• Growth opportunities within the corporate finance team or in the operations of the Company. This position provides an excellent transition from public accounting into a global organization.
• Exposure to technical accounting issues and concepts.
If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, please submit your credentials for consideration.
• Monthly consolidation of company-wide financial statements
• Detailed analysis of monthly consolidated financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with US GAAP including interaction with operational personnel on variance analysis and accounting for specific transactions
• Monthly financial reporting to management and Board of Directors including standard reporting as well as ad-hoc requests
• Quarterly support of external reporting process including financial statements and footnotes for Forms 10-Q/K and press release
• Annual consolidation and analysis of company-wide plan financial statements
• M&A – opening balance sheet accounting and post-close financial reporting support
• Identify and research solutions to accounting issues; assist in implementation of new accounting rules, as required
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Additional special projects such as on-site operations/control reviews
• Minimum of four to five years of demonstrated success within public accounting firm or mix of public accounting and private industry – including audit or related financial experience. Emphasis in manufacturing and SEC experience are strongly preferred.
• A high degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with a worldwide financial team; ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills required; the individual should demonstrate initiative and be able to deal with ambiguity to resolve issues with good and timely decisions.
• The individual should have an inquiring and analytical mind.
• Be extremely organized and able to plan and align to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner while working well in a dynamic environment.
• Oracle Hyperion/EPM (Consolidation/Planning) and Smartview experience is strongly preferred but not required.
• Works collaboratively and effectively within the Finance department and across other functions on key initiatives, sharing of best practices, tools and/or processes.
• Views opportunities for automation/digitalization and enhancement and is motivated to think outside-of-the-box, while holding themselves accountable to achieve desired results.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. Advanced degree and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation are strongly preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc, career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.