We have been retained by one of the most reputable and recognizable Food/CPG brands in the nation to identify a Senior Accountant to join the growing team! Due to steady growth over the past few years, the organization is expanding their tight-knit accounting department. This person will report directly to the Accounting Manager & Controller and will assist in other areas of Accounting/Finance, as needed.
Some of the top employee reviews include things like:
- 'Excellent leadership and mentorship opportunities!'
- 'Very open door policy, outstanding culture, and lots of great people'
- Assist and lead monthly close functions, including accruals and preparation, posting and review of journal entries.
- Ensure all month-end journal entries are recorded following the monthly close schedule.
- Coordinate and collaborate with A/R, A/P and HR as needed as well as key external departments
- Responsible for monthly payroll accruals and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Perform analysis of changes in the individual balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis to include fluctuation analyses.
How to stand out:
- Public accounting experience (audit) HIGHLY preferred. CPA a plus
- Solid grasp of accounting principles (GAAP) and internal controls (SOX)
- SAP or large ERP systems experience preferred
For careful consideration, email a recent resume to:Matthew Cruz, Executive Recruiter