Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to http://www.goodyear.com/corporate.
The Auditor Senior is responsible for performing numerous tasks surrounding audit efforts for Corporate and North America regions at Goodyear. This would include, but is not limited to, planning for audits, identifying key risks, performing audit testing, identifying and drafting audit issues, performing follow up testing, reviewing workpapers and mentoring junior staff. The position reports to the Manager, Internal Audit, but the Senior Auditor will design and conduct audits, in accordance with IIA Standards, at the direction of the Lead Auditor. The successful candidate will have audit experience performing operational, financial, and compliance audits with experience evaluating control effectiveness and recommending process improvements. The Senior Auditor should also have experience in communicating complex audit issues to leadership and a proven track record working cross functionally with auditees to deliver quality audits for the Company.
- Independently conduct all audit planning activities to summarize the planning effort and forward to Audit Supervisor for review and approval.
- Conduct appropriate audit testing for assigned audit areas and ensure that testing is completed as scheduled and documented in compliance with departmental standards. Provide direction and timely support to the audit team in all phases of the audit field work, including on the job training.
- Develop and/or review audit comments to ensure that they are properly composed, comply with materiality guidelines and that the recommendations are relevant and practical. Ensure that all possible audit comments are provided to the audit customer as they are developed and management responses are received prior to the exit meeting
- Prepare the discussion draft of the audit report and submit the draft to the Audit Supervisor for review comments, approval and distribution to the audit customers.
- Upon completion of audit field work, review the electronic work paper files to determine completeness and compliance with quality assurance standards. Resolve any outstanding questions/issues related to the audit
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business administration, or finance; Professional designation; CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Auditing work experience with exposure in both finance and operations is preferred; however prior non-audit experience in a business/operational role with a large multi-national organization may be deemed adequate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with different levels of management.
- Analytical and computer skills including Windows operating systems and MS Office application software and TeamMate.
- Planning, organizational and interpersonal skills to efficiently and effectively execute the audit plan.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent assignments.
- Ability to identify and address risk within more complex systems.