SENIOR ACCOUNTANT GENERAL SUMMARY
Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the Controller. This is senior-level professional financial and accounting work. WHY WORK HERE?
- Great Work Environment
- Work / Life Balance
- Upbeat Company Culture
- Great Opportunity for Growth
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for assigned accounts.
- Reviews financial documents and materials and assists in preparing the fiscal budget.
- Advises departments concerning allocation of funds, assignment of accounting codes,
and various other related financial activities.
- Closes books monthly for assigned accounts, corrects, edits, and prepares summaries
and reports as needed.
- Maintains assigned payroll records and compiles monthly or quarterly reports.
- Coordinates activities with public and/or private auditors and releases the appropriate
records and information. EDUCATION REQUIREMENT FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of successful, increasingly responsible experience as an Accountant; or any
equivalent combination of education and experience which would KNOWLEDGE OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
- Good Communication Skills
- Considerable knowledge of accounting practices and procedures in addition to current
federal, state, and local regulations.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and its related software.
- Ability to develop accounting procedures and to monitor compliance with existing ones.
to successfully lead subordinate personnel and establish effective working
relationships with others.