Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Abbott Diagnostics has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst – Latin America Canada at our Lake Forest, Illinois location. This role supports the Distributor (DX) Region & Latin America Canada (LAC) Sales Admin Controller in sales and spend forecasting, financial analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet for the Distributor (Dx)/Central America (CAM) Region and ad hoc analysis required by General Manager or Area Finance. In addition, this role provides analyst level support consolidating, validating and providing data for use in sales incentive calculations and collaboration with area commercial management and HR Director to assure accuracy and consistency of incentive compensation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Prepare, consolidate and analyze information received by all areas to support deliverables during LBE/Plan cycles
- Month end close activities including sales and expenses analysis, to support financial reporting process
- Reconciliation of service equipment activation to ensure alignment with business
- Support monthly Commercial Management Review (CMR) process (including data collection and other financial information to be presented to area DVP and Staff)
- Support DX-CAM financial consolidation process
- Support consolidation and validation of data for use in sales incentive calculations
- Assist in the build-up of individual rep sales targets & alignment with territory sales planning
- Assist in quarterly and annual goal scoring for Area leadership and liaison with country teams to ensure alignment of scoring across countries
- Assist with adoption of the ADD Global Incentive Plan at the country level, ensuring alignment of methodologies and calculations by role
- Assist sales performance management including balance performance consolidation and reporting for all area sales staff (including audit of dashboards, scorecards, and KPIs to be used to assess performance and identification of issues to be escalated for management action / remediation)
- Maintain the effectiveness of and ensure compliance with Internal Controls.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with all levels of the organization
- Facilitate interpretation and understanding of data, identify risks, develop recommendations and implement solutions
- Form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills, analytical skills and critical-thinking skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of finance experience to include roles of increasing responsibility in accounting and/or finance
- Demonstrated ability to provide data and analysis to support decision making, methodical approach to problem solving and rational ideas supporting them, ability to keep learning and to teach others, traditional accounting knowledge and facilitator of management needs, streamlining functions within the department and an efficient work ethic
- Bi-Lingual communications in Spanish (oral and written)
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with TM1 & SAP
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.