Our client is a family owned single-source provider of transportation, storage and distribution services. They are seeking a proactive, hands-on accounting professional to join the Finance team due to growth.
As the Accounting Supervisor you will oversee the General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Cash Receipts functions of the Company, ensuring the accurate and timely recording of transactions in compliance with U.S. GAAP and all internal control policies.
- Supervise the day-to-day accounting operations including General Accounting, A/P and Cash Receipts functions in compliance with U.S. GAAP and all internal control policies.
- Supervise and support Accounting, A/P, A/R team members; assist with back-up responsibilities
- Month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely generation of financial statements
- Oversee Sales & Use Tax Return filings
- Produce monthly A/R metrics report
- Support business lines by responding to requests and providing analysis
- Assist with Fixed Asset accounting and reporting
- Work with Controller to develop departmental goals, review and update internal control policies and procedures
- Leverage strengths of the current team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities; develop and implement training programs to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals; performance evaluations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and /or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience with the ability to coach and manage staff; 2 plus years supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Microsoft Dynamics GP and Sage Fixed Assets experience a plus
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- High degree of knowledge in working with MS Office suite of products