Not ApplicableTime Type:
Full timeTravel Requirements:
Up to 40%
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Internal Tax team provides internal services related to financial services, treasury and taxation. As part of our team, you’ll help the team provide a full range of taxation services to PwC related to complex financial reporting, cost management, tax planning, investment management and transaction processing.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates extensive-level knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding federal tax laws and associated regulations and other guidance;
- Having specific knowledge of partnership and international tax concepts;
- Understanding tax research of authoritative and non-authoritative sources using a variety of research platforms;
- Documenting positions taken on complex tax issues using written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity;
- Understanding tax consulting and planning, e.g., analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits; and,
- Understanding due diligence, e.g., interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting stakeholders understand regulatory and legislative initiatives.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies;
- Experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools;
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements;
- Collaborating with team members virtually, including supporting the work/life balance of the team; and,
- Delivering strategic and creative thinking, individual initiative, and the ability to suggest independent solutions to issues presented.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy