Staff Accountant - Leading QSR Franchisee
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a private equity backed company focused on generating stable and consistent returns through the acquisition, construction, and operation of Quick Service Restaurants (QSR).
- This is a newly created position due to continued growth.
- This organization is well-positioned to become of the the largest and most employee-friendly companies in the SSR space.
- The Staff Accountant will report to the controller and will manage a set of accounting activities including the monthly close of accounts.
Overview of the Staff Accountant role:
- Manage the monthly closing process for a group of over 35 restaurant locations with annual revenue of over $60 million.
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades of ERP software.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Maintain accrual schedules for balance sheet items.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
Preferred Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting.
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Strong systems experience and Excel skills (pivot tables & Vlookups).
- Public/private mix is a plus!