ABOUT THE COMPANY AND OPPORTUNITY:Our client, located in Danbury, is a marketing delivery company who has partnered with CFS to identify a new Staff Accountant to join their growing accounting department. This is an employee-centric company that believes that each employee deserves a healthy work/life balance - meaning each position has a strict 40-hour work week!! Leadership continues to reinvent employee connection between their several locations with virtual team building activities as well as engagement programs. This job reports directly into the Controller and sits with a team of 4 who all support one another.
Join a Great Team with Healthy Work/Life Balance!!!
* Staff Accountant*
- Financial and operational transaction processing in General Ledgers for business line operations.
- Participate in accurate and timely closing of General ledgers monthly.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts with large transactional volumes.
- Monthly reconciliation of agent accounts.
- Assist in all areas of month-end close, as needed.
- Prepare and distribute reports and provide analysis/support as needed.
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed.
- Respond to questions and communicate responses to operations and other functional areas.
- Identify process improvement opportunities relating to the individual's area of responsibility.
- Assist billing team on auditing freight bills and invoicing customers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years experience preferred
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work collaboratively as part of a team is essential.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Solid Excel skills.
- Familiarity with ERP preferred.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to details