Come join us in building a career with one of the fastest growing Automotive businesses in Northern Colorado. We are a full-service, family-owned automotive company that has been a cornerstone business serving the automotive needs of our customers since 1908. The Yoder Automotive Group of Companies is a full suite of Automotive sales, service and finance companies that has been in business for over 100 years and proudly employ over 300 people and growing strong.
To learn more about who we are, the services we provide and our commitment to customer safety and satisfaction, visit Weld County Garage , to read our story and more!
Comptroller Position Summary
The comptroller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments and coordinates with each department manager in a manner which enables each department to operate profitably. S/he is responsible for nurturing and cultivating a positive culture and work environment that aligns with the mission and values of the organization. S/he must fairly represent the financial condition of the company, develop controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintain accurate records, and establish and maintain the data processing capabilities to accomplish the company’s objectives
Comptroller Essential Duties and Major Responsibilities
- Ensures a complete financial statement for each company is submitted by the 10th day of each month, interprets, and analyzes financial statements and accounting schedules on an ongoing basis, and meets with department managers and dealer to review financial statements and expenses.
- Maintains an effective cash management system and updates the Dealer & CFO regarding the cash needs of the company.
- Approves adjustments to inventory accounts and reconciles inventory.
- Ensures financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Manages the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, accounts receivables, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, booking, titles, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Points out conditions that need to be improved.
- Work with CFO in the purchase of property and liability insurance.
- Maintains commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Interfaces with outside audit firms, banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agents, credit card companies, and collection agencies.
- Provides financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, product costs, etc. when necessary.
- Safeguard’s assets and assures accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls, and checks across all departments.
- Oversees the preparation and processing of all insurance claims.
- Effectively communicates and enforces operating policies and procedures and assures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations applicable to the company.
- Develops, improves, and issues timely monthly financial records for CFO, and department managers.
- Oversees and assures reconciliation of accrual, liabilities, and contingent liability accounts.
- Automates all possible systems and establishes control procedures.
- Assists in the Purchases of Fixed Assets and manages fixed asset depreciation.
- Maintains effective practices and procedures to assure the timely collection of all data needed to accurately record revenues, expenses, profitability, financial condition, and other critical activities of all company departments.
- Reviews and assists in managing the company’s outstanding receivables on an ongoing basis and is responsible for the tracking and implementation of collections (i.e. contracts in transit, accounts receivable, factory receivable, etc.).
- Maintains and manages reserve, accrual, and dealer trade accounts.
- Reports to management ad hoc.
- Attends and participates in weekly management meetings, as necessary.
- Ensures reconciliation and payment of taxes collected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent degree.
- 5-7 years of Accounting experience in public accounting or automotive field preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects and events at one time
- Proficiency in computer systems such as Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), QuickBooks, and DealerTrack is preferred.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of resources.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication abilities, including the ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and taking time to understand them, asking questions as appropriate, and managing and understanding others’ reactions.
- Ability to logically identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to complex problems and incorporate understanding of new information to implement productive and cost-effective solutions.
- Excellent persuasion and diplomacy skills, including the abilities to bring others together, reconcile differences, and persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Effectively managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Strong attention to detail in financial reporting.
- Must have solid demonstrated understanding GAAP.
Regular work hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Employee hours vary and are dependent on business needs.
40 Hour Work Week
Monday through Friday, hours may vary with the workload.
As needed to satisfy the requirements of the position
Wages - Salary Non-Exempt $90k - $120K
Benefits – If hired to a full-time position, the company provides vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) employer paid life insurance, health, dental, vision, pet insurance, and company discounts.
If hired for a part-time position the company provides paid sick time and company discounts. No other benefits are offered.