This Jobot Job is hosted by: Megan Seaford
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:
Growing technology company is looking for a Director of Technical Accounting to serve as a subject matter expert for US GAAP and financial reporting topics.Why join us?
Competitive Salary and Bonuses
Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
Paid parental leave
Health and Wellness programs
Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
Fully stocked kitchen
Casual Office Atmosphere
Ongoing Education & TrainingJob Details
- Assist in the research of accounting guidance and keep current with technical accounting and reporting rules and regulations.
- Research, analyze, and document complex company transactions, including business combinations/revenue/leases/stock-based compensation, and assist with complex accounting journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare technical accounting memos and analysis as needed
- Support SEC filings including the 10K and 10Q, and other SEC filings
- Review the consolidated cash flow statement.
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding technical accounting and financial reporting related deliverables.
- Coordinate with finance team to ensure results are reasonable and fluctuations are researched and explained in the MD&A.
- Provide guidance to business leaders and finance team to ensure significant transactions are properly disclosed.
- Monitor major corporate events, including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, stock-based compensation and assess accounting and reporting implications.
- Assist in the reporting of the implementation of new GAAP and SEC standards, including implementation of new leasing accounting standard.
- Monitor and enhance formal processes to ensure that appropriate evidential support is maintained to support all disclosures in the Company's SEC filings and documenting as appropriate.
- Participate in external reporting systems implementations, including automation efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years Big 4 public audit experience highly preferred. Private industry experience must be in an SEC reporting capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Active CPA designation required.
- Experience with SEC reporting software ActiveDisclosure preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.