We are working with a client who is a law firm seeking a Controller to join their team. The Controller will have the ability to make the role their own, building out the month-end close and budgeting and forecasting processes to provide insight for the Managing Directors to make better decisions. This will be a hands-on position performing the journal entries, producing monthly financials and reporting packages as well as developing the budgeting, forecasting and decision support processes.
- Prepare the monthly financial packages including heading up month-end close.
- Develop and prepare budget and forecasting processes.
- Assist management with important financial decisions.
- Develop and maintain banking relationships.
- Supervise 2 employees in the accounting department.
- Improve and automate accounting processes.
- 5+ years of accounting and auditing experience, preferable within public accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principals and procedures
- CPA preferred
- Experience with budgeting forecasting and board reporting
- Excellent Excel skills
- 401(k) with match
- Bonus eligible
You are one click away from your next big career move. Vaco can help you leverage your accounting skills and experience to turn this exciting opportunity into a job offer. Here's what you'll need to succeed in this role. Controller requirements: • Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance • 5+ years of experience in accounting • CPA and/or MBA • Public accounting experience, a strong plus • Previous supervisory experience with proven leadership skills • Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite • Current experience with large ERP systems (Great Plains, Oracle, Sage etc.)