Euclid Chemical is searching for a Financial Analyst with attention to detail.
Euclid Chemical is a fully owned subsidiary of RPM International (NYSE: RPM), one of the world's largest coatings companies. For more than 110 years, Euclid Chemical has supplied construction and restoration markets with treatments, sealants, coatings, sealers, and decorative products.
Euclid Chemical offers a world-class benefits package that includes but is not limited to:
- Employee Bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Matching 401k
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Generous vacation and holiday time
- Balance of on-site/remote working arrangements (post training period).
The Financial Analyst will play a significant leadership role within the Euclid Chemical Division providing financial support & analysis of various reports and data and providing reliable information necessary to control operations for numerous business units and legal entities. Provides support, training and coaching to the division management team on planning and feedback systems that enhances financial management capabilities and control. Serves as a liaison between the Business units and Accounting functions.
Major Responsibilities/ Essential Job Functions:
The Accountant will be expected to:
- Verify the accuracy of monthly activity within financial statements; Identify and prepare monthly accruals and provide adjusting entries to accounting. Monitor various balance sheet accounts activity on a monthly basis and adjusts as required. Investigate and explain variances.
- Lead the design and implementation of effective managerial and ad hoc reports in accordance with best practices.
- Analyze and prepare monthly management reports and ad hoc reports.
- Act as liaison with business units on reporting requirements, maintains and communicate monthly reporting templates. Assist in Quarterly and Year End reporting requirements.
- Aid Division Controller and Euclid USA management in development and implementation of the annual & long range operating plan. Responsible for Balance Sheet planning, exhibit preparation, variance analysis, supporting schedules and meeting preparation.
- Oversee customer rebate program. Maintain monthly calculated balances by customer. Develop related budgetary considerations.
- Manage the Euclid Chemical Financial Key Performance Indicator program including KPI development, measurement, report creation, and updates.
- Serve as a back up to the VP Controller including Weekly Forecast preparation, Quarterly Analytics, and responding to Ernst & Young audit inquiries.
- Create various internal reports and variance analysis as business needs arise. Recommends techniques to improve efficiency, cost containment and improve productivity.
- Assist in internal and external audits and SOX compliance, including preparation of schedules and responding to audit inquiries as necessary.
- Serve as a backup for Divisional Cost Analyst role including daily cost runs, cost inquiries from the division, and generating manufacturing reports.
- Undertake, lead, and/or manage special projects, teams or people from time to time i.e. ISO Audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and/or at least 5 years experience in finance, similar environment and industry preferred.
- Prior SAP or Hyperion experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA or CPA a plus.
- Technological Skills/IT and Job Knowledge: Knowledge in SAP (FI, CO, and PA modules) and Hyperion Enterprise software a plus; Knowledge of US GAAP; Moderate PC skill level, particularly in Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Language Skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have excellent phone skills/manner.
- Interpersonal Skills : the ability to interact well with others utilizing communication skills to build relationships.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; analytical abilities (recognize errors, evaluate trends, anticipate difficulties; High degree of attention to detail; Ability to organize data and draw relevant conclusions; Ability to analyze problems systematically; Ability to recognize what is relevant in reporting requirements to create informative reports for the business unit.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.Working with stringent monthly deadlines; High levels of transactional information to review; Must be able to assist in the quick analysis of a problem;Ability to recognize posting errors and their quantitative impact to financial statements.
- Organizational Skills: Must be well organized and keep clear concise records; must have high degree of flexibility and ability to multitask. High degree of attention to detail; Ability to organize data and draw relevant conclusions; Ability to recognize what is relevant in reporting requirements to create informative reports for the business unit.
- Initiative : Must be proactive and look for areas of improvement
- Teamwork: Must be a team player and have a “can do” attitude
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.