MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Reporting to the CFO, located in Terrance, California, the North America Accounting Manager will supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
Rapidly expanding manufacturing organization
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data to parent company.
- Support the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Support the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Supervise the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare and review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Hire, develop and manage accounting staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Partner with operations management to ensure customer required reporting is accurate and timely.
- Support the preparation of monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by product, forecast vs. budget by product and monthly cash flow by product.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating forecast and annual company operating budget.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- Experience as a finance manager in a manufacturing and distribution environment with strong knowledge of cost accounting and accounting for Work-in-Progress and Percentage of Completion accounting
- Experience in working in a high growth environment
- Experience working in a subsidiary of an American public company
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA with experience in a Top 10 National Accounting firm
- 7+ years' work experience
- Previous experience as a finance manager
- Good understanding of US GAAP, including contract accounting
- Experience of managing and maintaining a Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliant environment
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system
Excellent compensation package and great career prospects