Assist VP/Controller in directing multiple segments of the company’s Finance function, both domestic and international, including financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, supporting audits of the company’s financial and related records and providing the company’s internal customers with support, information, and systems to meet the ever increasing demands of the marketplace, customers and manufacturers. Support acquisition efforts
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists in developing and directing a productive finance department team by hiring, training, and leading qualified people utilizing effective communication and motivational techniques, providing ongoing performance management, rewarding higher levels of performance and by providing effective training, development and succession planning.
- Assists in directing and overseeing all the internal and external financial reporting to ensure accurate and reliable reporting of the company’s financial condition and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Assists the direction of preparation and analysis of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise financial results in terms of profitability, performance against budgets/forecasts, and other matters affecting the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the company.
- Recommends, implements and monitors financial policies and control standards, and drives continuous improvement efforts, to ensure seamless and accurate flow of data to enhance productivity and reduce internal costs.
- Directs and manages financial analysis projects designed to streamline and improve Mouser’s global systems and processes.
- Customarily and regularly direct the work of two or more full-time employees or their equivalent. Makes suggestions and recommendations for these employees regarding performance and change of status, including transfer, advancement, termination, and hiring.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- CPA certification.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other technical accounting materials.
- Ability to research GAAP and International accounting issues.
- Ability to critically analyze financial statement processes and data to detect errors and to improve financial controls.
- Business, managerial, leadership, and strategic thinking skills for planning and managing department, staff, budgets, projects, etc.
- Organizational skills for organizing programs, people, projects, etc.
- Strong oral and written communications skills for communicating, building relationships, with extensive internal and external contacts.
- Teamwork/collaboration skills to encourage cooperation throughout the Mouser organization and with suppliers.
- Working proficiency of the personal computer and computer tools including Microsoft Office applications at the advanced level including Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Databases and General ledger software.
- Has acceptable driving record and can provide current, valid driver’s license and current proof of insurance.
EDUCATON & EXPERIENCE
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus a CPA. Auditing experience with a Big Four CPA firm and Distribution industry experience preferred.
- Experience in accounting, finance, payroll, and general management required.
- Experience working in a multi-national/multi-currency environment.
- Team subject matter expert.
- 5 years of direct management experience needed.
- Internal candidates: 3 years of experience as a manager at Mouser.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at anytime at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.