Oct 08, 2021
Cleveland, OH, United States, OH
Senior Tax Analyst
Job Description Summary
Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. ("HYG"), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for a qualified Senior Tax Analyst at our global headquarters located in Cleveland, Ohio. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
A senior tax analyst specializes in a company's tax related issues. A senior analyst uses fiscal skills, business acumen and financial knowledge to compile and synthesize a company's operating information and support strategies to save taxes. In addition to these duties, a senior analyst reviews corporate taxes; tax guidelines and internal controls in order to ensure that the company's policies meet regulatory requirements, fiscal rules and industry practices.
Corporate Federal Income Tax Compliance
* Analyze and monitor general ledger information collected for tax computations.
* Lead the preparation of tax return support workpapers, corporate proformas and consolidation.
* Monitor completion of quarterly federal estimated tax payments and extension.
* Investigate and document federal tax return filing decisions and law changes.
* Work with government tax officials to ensure tax calculations are accurate and submitted timely.
Corporate State Income Tax Compliance
* Monitor completion of quarterly state estimated tax payments and extensions.
* Validate multiple-location apportionment information.
* Prepare and review state tax returns and timely process filings.
* Investigate and document state tax return filing decisions and law changes.
* Monitor state notices and audit requests.
* Oversee annual report filing and compliance.
Accounting for Income Taxes and Financial Statements
* Support and review elements of the quarterly income tax provision calculations.
* Support preparation of schedules for public reporting and external audit.
Internal policies and guidelines
* Ensure that internal policies and guidelines are prepared in compliance with fiscal laws.
General Research and Special Projects
* Perform special assignments as assigned.
* Perform adhoc research in supporting domestic indirect tax function such as sales & use and payroll tax.
* Stay up to date with the knowledge of applicable tax codes.
* Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting, or audit. CPA and/or master's degree.
* 2 years of experience in corporate tax compliance in industry or accounting firm.
Skills and abilities required:
* Certification in Public Accountancy and Taxation.
* Online tax research database, tax preparation software and Microsoft office.
HYG US Cleveland, OH
5875 Landerbrook Drive Suite 300
Relocation Assistance Available
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.