Position: Japanese Bilingual Senior Accountant
Work Location: Torrance, CA
Working Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm (some overtime may be required)
Under the direction and supervision of department manager(s), the Senior Accountant is responsible for various tax and government filings, financial reporting and other daily operation accounting functions assigned. Ideal candidates have experience with SAP financial applications and fully bilingual (English/Japanese) to communicate with the parent company in Japan. The accounting team is migrating from the Oracle-based ERP to SAP-based ERP system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include But Not Are Limited To:
• Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process and annual audit
• Prepare monthly internal financial reporting, including preliminary sales/cost/gross profit summary, monthly financial statements, and fluctuation analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Prepare and file various tax and government forms (excise tax, use tax, property tax, business license, census, etc). Prepare related payment requests and journal entries
• Perform account reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts, and prepare related journal entries
• Assist with accounting aspects of payroll, such as preparing journal entries, annual reconciliation of payroll register to the GL at year-end, and maintaining accurate accrued vacation balance.
• Work with accouting firm and provide information requested for income tax filings. Prepare quarterly estimated tax schedule and payment vouchers
• Prepare 1099 information returns.
• Bilingual in English and Japanese (E/J) proficiency
• Solid technical accounting skills with SAP experience, preferred, ERP experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.