Exciting opportunity to work in the airline industry! Perks include free flights for you and your family!!!!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Amanda Green
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 per yearA bit about us:
Our client is an industry leading airline, seeking a Sr. Inventory and Maintenance Accountant to join their team!Why join us?
This position requires a team player who enjoys working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment!Job Details
What you’ll do?
- Ensure procedures for inventory additions and disposals are being followed.
- Maintain tracking of consignment inventory for end of life engines being decommissioned.
- Maintain and enhance tracking of maintenance related transactions, including verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling, and resolving discrepancies. Requires the ability to work with large amount of complex data to identify system and/or process opportunities.
- Provide accurate support for external auditors on maintenance and inventory related transactions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for maintenance and inventory related items, ensuring subsidiary ledger ties to the general ledger.
- Responsible for on-going development, execution and improvement of accounting processes and controls and act as a subject matter expert for maintenance and inventory accounting processes.
- Act as liaison between maintenance organization, TRAX specialist, and the accounting department to ensure the accounting for maintenance and inventory are being handled and recorded correctly.
- Periodically assist with inventory cycle counts and perform test counts.
- Identify and drive improvements by developing a thorough understanding of end to end processes.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for maintenance reserves, Purchase Price Accounting accounts, inventory related accounts, and other balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Establish and review monthly reports to reconcile detail TRAX rotable, repairable and expendable balances, as well as addition and disposal transactions, to the Company’s general ledger system.
- Research variances and resolve issues.
Who you are?
- Four year college degree in accounting/finance
- Three + years of relevant experience
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities, ensuring deadlines are met
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Computer Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Great Plains
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.