EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFCATIONS: Must have College Degree or extensive business experience. Must have experience in Windows-based programs including MS Office. Must be highly proficient with numbers and Microsoft Excel.
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED:
Must have the physical ability to read and write clearly and neatly. Must have the physical ability to hear, answer and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Assist Corporate Controller in day to day activities of the accounting department.
- Prepare accounts payable vouchers for expense items and charge out to appropriate departments; bring to Controller's attention any unusual expense items that are either out of the ordinary in nature or outside of the normal dollar range.
- Prepare weekly and monthly ad-hoc reports through use of advanced MSExcel and MSPowerpoint skills.
- Assist warehouse management staff by answering expense related questions and providing needed analytical support.
- Analyze data on a daily basis in order to assist Controller and Executive Management group with value-added ideas and analysis.
- Prepare journal entries each month for activities related, but not limited to maintenance costs, bank charges, marketing accruals, freight accruals, etc.
- Maintain fixed assets ledger; duties include adding assets, disposing of assets, and maintaining depreciation schedules.
- Reconcile accounts on monthly basis (i.e. Bank Accounts, Fixed Assets, Rebate/Upcharge accruals, etc)
- Assist Controller with all audit procedures including preparation of account recons, audit schedules, and other special reporting needs.
- Track and prepare customer rebates.
- Assist with preparation of annual sales and expense budgets.
- Conduct Shop Inventory audits annually and report findings to the Controller.