Support Center - Irving
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
The Staff Accountant - Income Tax will work with the international and domestic income tax teams, preparing withholding payments and wire transfers, estimated tax payments, extensions, and returns, researching tax technical issues, and assisting with audits.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns and payments for U.S. and Canada.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliations for GL tax accounts.
- Review and administer customer sales tax exemptions.
- Prepare monthly use tax accruals.
- Support month end close processes.
- Monitor and respond to tax notices.
- Prepare supplier tax exemption forms.
- Sales and use tax research.
- Assist with sales and use tax audits and refunds
- Support ongoing process transformation initiatives.
- Other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
Special Certifications or technical skills
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Vertex Returns preferred
- Familiarity with tax research software such as RIA Checkpoint, TTR, CCH
- CPA or CMI is a plus
Minimum Type of experience the job requires
- 2+ years multistate sales and use tax return preparation
- Experience Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel
Applicants in the U.S. and Canada must satisfy federal, state, provincial and local legal requirements of the job.