Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to http://www.goodyear.com/corporate.
The Accountant Senior will provide support to the Consumer / Commercial Tire division of Goodyear. This role will work both in a General Accounting capacity including general ledger activities, closing activities, reconciliation as well as reporting and Financial Analysis tasks. Specifically, you will be involved with providing and overseeing complex accounting, financial analysis, internal reporting, and business guidance for Goodyear's Consumer / Commercial business leaders. Foundational Accounting will be a primary focus to this opening.
- Perform financial reporting processes which includes but not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close procedures, review account reconciliations (for assigned accounts), functional analysis (including but not limited to P&L, balance sheet and various accounts), establishing judgmental reserve balances in accordance with predefined deadlines.
- Partner with various departments throughout Goodyear to implement effective financial analysis tools and procedures. Demonstrates and applies basic understanding of the data flows and data standards in your specific business area. Identifies basic trends, issues or other meaningful insights using basic analytical approaches.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a broad set of accounting principles and techniques (e.g. IAS, US GAAP, etc.). Works with financial transactions and related documentation within the organization. Participates in accounting practices of classifying and recording financial data. Utilize US GAAP and assist in applying US GAAP to transactions that are accounted for and reviewed. Exercise significant judgement when evaluating transactions.
- Follows regulations for entering and reporting the financial content in major accounting systems. Records financial transactions accurately in internal and external books of accounts. Assist in ensuring that identified control & internal audit gaps are remediated on a timely basis and in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Adheres to relevant compliance requirements for financial reporting (e.g., SOX, IFRS).
- Assist with any special projects/assignments as applicable.
Required Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate Degree in accounting or finance
- CPA and/or MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years of accounting and/or financial analysis experience or; graduate of Goodyear’s 2- year Finance and Accounting Development Program with 1 year outside work experience.
- Experience working in an environment requiring analytical response to a variety of business issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong analytical abilities and a thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to interpret and apply current US GAAP, accounting for complex transactions and internal controls in compliance with SOX.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as well as Hyperion Planner and SAP.
- Highly organized and ability to manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate to present information, both verbally and written effectively with all levels of the organization