Our client in Carson, CA is looking for a Controller to join them on a consulting basis. Ideal candidates will have a background in manufacturing accounting, QuickBooks preferred and experience establishing internal controls within department.
- Managing accounting and financial reporting
- Establishing and coordinating all accounting procedures for the business unit
- Investigating significant trends/variances in financial data
- Handling AP, AR, Payroll, Tax functions as well as Cost and Inventory Accounting
- Providing daily and/or weekly analysis, and reporting on operational performance as it relates to the business activities including monitoring margins, variances, and giving feedback
- Assisting in the formulation of the budget and preparing the monthly budget variance analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent discipline.
- 5+ years verifiable accounting/controller experience with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of QuickBooks and Fishbowl or other similar inventory management software.
- Familiarity with manufacturing-based ERP software.
You are one click away from your next big career move. Vaco can help you leverage your accounting skills and experience to turn this exciting opportunity into a job offer. Here's what you'll need to succeed in this role. Controller requirements: • Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance • 5+ years of experience in accounting • CPA and/or MBA • Public accounting experience, a strong plus • Previous supervisory experience with proven leadership skills • Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite • Current experience with large ERP systems (Great Plains, Oracle, Sage etc.)