Who We Are:
Our goal is to process the financial records in a timely and accurate manner. Cost Accounting is responsible for preparing the operating statements and internal unaudited financial statements on a periodic basis. In addition, to responding to inquiries about expense details and capital assets. Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform as an experienced Cost Accountant developing and supporting financial transactions, compliance, and reporting; includes responsibility for day to day accounting functions, month-end close, annual audit support, and financial analysis requests as required.
- Apply your passion for learning and sharing with your team the commitment to financial accuracy and a spirit of continuous improvements to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Embody the ability to work in multiple areas of accounting and to comprehend the inter-related aspects of various accounting transactions.
- Lead various accounting projects to their completion such as implementing new accounting standards and developing process improvements.
- Research appropriate accounting rules for specific accounting issues and present their conclusions to management.
- Work with large volumes of data.
- Complete the implementation of the new lease standard using software that has been obtained and needs to be fully operational by next fiscal year;include testing the software and providing training to all staff who will be using the software.
- Responsible for day to day accounting functions, financial period close, annual audit support and financial analysis as required.
- Responsible for accounting and reconciliation of various general ledger accounts in accordance with SwRI's accounting policies.
- Develop, generate, review and distribute financial management reports.
- Participate in pre and post close variance analyses and provide meaningful insight to activity, trends, unusual and significant transactions.
- Compile, review and/or approve journal entries.
- Review transactions to ensure they are accounted for appropriately; if corrections are needed, ensure that these are processed timely and accurately.
- Review the work of accounting staff and provide timely feedback.
- Assist with the maintenance of the accounting system and management of the interface bettween the various accounting modules and the general ledger.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Accounting; a Masters Degree is a plus
- 10 years: Experience in a professional accounting position with a proven understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience with implementing accounting standards such as leases or an interest in related concepts
- Experience working with various financial systems
- Experience with personal computers and efficiently operate a 10-key
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advance skills in Excel
- Knowledge of general business practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Work experience at a public accounting firm and have managed a team of one or more staff to complete various engagements
- Experience with providing effective feedback to the staff member over their work product and areas of improvement
- Must have a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen. Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace