Grow your future with Realty Income! We are excited to help you gain extra tools in your tool belt-- provide you a space to challenge yourself, grow, and have some fun along the way. We will look to you to bring innovative ideas and a professional mindset to support our company's growth. The ideal candidate for our Staff Accountant, Corporate and Purchase Accounting opening has two-five years' prior experience.
What You Will be Working on:
Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Involvement in the accumulation of data and preparation of schedules that support SEC financial reporting financials and footnotes.
- Perform month-end close procedures for select account reconciliations, including corporate assets, corporate fixed assets, and corporate liabilities.
- Perform month-end close procedures for debt/derivatives and our taxable REIT subsidiary
- Serve as a wire processor, as needed, including setting up wires in various banking portals for review.
- System and software upgrade testing, including Yardi as well as our internal valuation model and related tools/processes
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for company bank accounts
- Coordinate preparation of journal entries for various money market cash accounts
- Assist with preparation of quarterly held for investment and held for sale real estate impairment analyses in accordance with ASC 360
- Special projects, as necessary, including analysis of various accounts in the general ledger.
Perform Real Estate Valuations in support of Purchase Accounting entries and fixed asset additions
- Effectively utilize the Marshall Valuation Services cost guide to determine replacement costs of building and site improvements
- Use CoStar/Loopnet/other sources or contact brokers to find comparable rent and land information for acquisition opportunities
- Communicate with internal and external auditors related to purchase price allocation conclusions
- Prepare portfolio valuations utilizing internal valuations model
- Support update of valuation policy on annual basis
- Maintain internal In Place Lease Database (centralized records for our historical valuation conclusions)
- Identify opportunities for and support improvements to valuation processes and policies
- Aggregate relevant journal entry and fixed asset information for all valuations completed during the quarter in preparation for import into the GL and Fixed Asset subledger
What you'll need to bring with you:
- Undergraduate degree: B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
- 2 to 5 years of work experience required
- Strong MS Office skills
- Skills with relational databases; data entry, creating simple queries & reports
- Mapping software skills (MapInfo/AnySite, Google Earth Pro, BatchGeo, Regus)
- Attention to detail while analyzing and tracking large volumes of data
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritize tasks from other sources, and make adjustments in a manner to complete all tasks
- Self-motivated; determined to make improvements, generate ideas for streamlining department's operating procedures and/or file retention systems, implement after approval by department head
- Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to make presentations
- Real estate finance/valuation education/experience a plus (Costar use for bonus points!)
- CPA/CPA candidate preferred
Why Realty Income?
You can work in the Real Estate industry anywhere, but if you're looking to build long lasting, enduring relationships that will provide work life balance, and a brighter financial future, we encourage you to look to us.
At Realty Income, we accomplish our goals by doing the right thing and taking ownership. We strive to empower each other, celebrate our differences, and give more than we take. Our shared purpose is simple, to build enduring relationships that lead to brighter financial futures. If you're looking for a stable company where you can grow your career, Realty Income has been best in class for over 50 years. We were founded under the principle of providing dependable monthly income for people who depend on it. Additionally, you can expect us to provide the following:
- Competitive Salary including potential for bonus and stock awards.
- Best-in-class Benefit Package
- Collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
Realty Income is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information click here. If you require accessibility support to submit your application or other reasonable accommodations to participate in the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com, or call 800-375-6700. An employee will respond to your message to begin the interactive process. Please note that this phone number and email address are only for individuals seeking a disability accommodation when applying for a job.
To all recruitment agencies, Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job's alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes